Wednesday, June 10, 2015

H is for Hot and Heavy with Adaline Raine on Wicked Wanton Wednesday and the A-Z Challenge


It seems I’m doing double duty a lot this month.  

Today is Wicked Wanton Wednesday and Adaline Raine is here to help me out with the A-Z challenge.  

She’s brought along an H clip, Hot and Heavy, that is, from her new release Rules of the Pack. 




Maddie:  Hey, Addy, can we start off with that Hot and Heavy clip? 

Adaline:  Sure!  The snippet below is super HOT!  Phil reminds Alisha not to bite him since he is a werewolf and she is a human. It's hard for him to keep his hands off of her, especially when she makes him.....happy?


Maddie:  Oo, another H… happy.  But that's for another month and another challenge.  LOL  Here we go with a snippet from

Rules of the Pack


*****

“No biting.”

“I’m sorry,” she pouted. “I couldn’t help myself.” Alisha blinked her gorgeous hazel eyes at him, and he nearly melted.

He was in so much trouble. That’s what it came down to. She was breathtaking in so many ways and she was making him feel all kinds of jumbled inside, which wasn’t something he’d felt before. If she were a werewolf, he’d have claimed her right here on his bed, right now, but she wasn’t.

“Did I make you upset?” Alisha suddenly trembled under his hands.

Fuck. His eyes. That had to be it. They scared most people—human women more than any others he’d met in his life—and he shut them tightly. “No.” Phil slid her off his lap onto the soft mattress, then stood up. “Anger is only one emotion which makes them glow. I’m not angry at all.”

He heard the creak of the springs as Alisha stood, and then her hands yanked his shirt over his head. His eyes flew open, and he meant to tell her to cut it out when she licked a long line down his neck and across his chest.

“What else makes them do that?” she nearly purred as she trailed up to his mouth. He reached behind him, captured her body in his arms, and brought her in front of him.

He pulled her up, forcing her to link her legs around his waist, and eagerly began exploring her mouth with his tongue. Never had he wanted someone the way he wanted this human. But she was human. He needed to be careful.

Fuck careful.

Phil had been careful his whole damn life, never letting his temper get the best of him, especially in matters of discipline or pack politics. Now he wanted to devour Alisha, all of her.

“Arousal,” he whispered against her ear. Phil threw them onto the bed, holding her on top of him and continuing to kiss her hard.

*****

Marked by the Alpha is still free today (at time of posting) Grab your copy for free before picking up the sequel!


Free from Amazon (at time of posting) : http://www.amazon.com/Marked-by-the-Alpha-ebook/dp/B00B1SMLGQ





Maddie’s Intimate Authors Corner

 Maddie:  Ah, a shifter romance, I have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine.  What inspired you to write about sexy werewolves, besides the fact that they’re sexy werewolves?

Adaline:  It's so funny but werewolves used to share the crap out of me. I was so inspired by sexy, alpha Alcide Hereaux from True Blood that his character sparked a pack! As far as behavior I love Laurel K Hamilton's Anita Blake series which shows multiple characters, different types of scenes, changing at will, ect. I love supernatural stories!

Maddie: OMG!  Alcide (aka Joe Manganiello) has inspired some of my alpha males, too.  (Lucky, Sophia!!!)  Can you tell us a little bit about Rules of the Pack?

Adaline:  My new release is a direct sequel to Marked by the Alpha, my very first published book back in January 2013. It has all of the same characters though the point of view is mainly Phil, the Beta of the Pack, and Alisha, the human best friend of Dani. Dani is an alpha female who becomes mated to Mason, the alpha of the pack in the first book.

Both Phil and Alisha have been attracted to one another since the two crossed paths, but wolves and humans don't usually mesh well. Plus, the pack Phil belongs to is a pretty large pack and they get under fire from threats frequently.

Maddie: The lead couple is interracial and interspecies.  Were there any concerns, challenges you had about tackling either of these dynamics?

Adaline:  It's funny, but in their eyes the biggest challenge is the wolf/human dynamic. In the beginning, Alisha puts herself down as a weak human and she gets a hell of a punishment spanking for it. Phil reminds her if she brings up the difference in their species again that he will make sure she will have trouble sitting down for a week.

The two of them being a mixed couple racially is the least of either of their concerns. For me, I have personally seen bias and this shows it doesn't matter what color or species you are. Love is love is love.

Maddie:  This is a sequel, do you plan a third in the series?

Adaline:  I do actually. Cal, the doctor of the pack, and his nurse Portia have a heck of a story to tell. I don't know when it will be out, but I'm optimistic.

Maddie: You wrote your first story in 2013, two in 2014, Rules of the Pack makes your third novel this year, I believe.  You’ve certainly picked up the pace, which is wonderful, and I’m sure has your readers cheering.  Are you writing full time now?  What are your plans for the rest of 2015?

Adaline:  It does look that way, but honestly you should see my house! I've been a hermit practically the last six months. I have several works in progress and the goal is to leave my 9 to 5 and leap into writing full time. This will actually make more time for family since I will be able to plan around my kid’s activities and meetings, errands, appointment and such, and our weekends can go back to being fun. I have so many things packed into Saturday and Sunday that we wind up staying in.

Maddie:  As a writer myself, I have some tricks and tools I have developed along the way to help, especially with the editing process.  Can you give us some insight into your process?   Any tips or tools that you have found particularly useful?

Adaline:  I still feel very green as far as offering advice to anyone! **laughs** I think I'm pretty odd the way I write. I do not write in a row, I see a random scene play out and I type it out. Then I get another random scene and I type that out. After a while the randomness gets clarity when they start tying together, but I don't recommend it! My best tip is to write the characters you see. If you have a story, get it out!

Maddie:  Thanks for being on Addy.  Best of luck with your new release.  It sounds hot and has been added to the top of my Kindle TBR.  Yum!

Adaline:  Thank you Maddie! It was a blast. I love coming over to visit. I can't wait for you to come over my blog on June 16th!


Blurb:
Alisha Knight is a down-to-earth woman who just so happens to have her sights set on the beta of a large werewolf pack. But despite the way her body reacts to his powerful presence, bitter experience has shown her that a wolf pack is no place for a human girl. 

As his alpha’s trusted second-in-command, Phil McKenna takes his responsibilities seriously, even when that means taking disobedient females over his knee for an attitude adjustment. Though he is smitten with Alisha, the feisty little human friend of his alpha’s mate, humans and wolves don’t usually mix well and her presence could easily put both her and the pack in danger. 

Yet try as he might, Phil can’t keep his hands off Alisha. His fearsome urge to mark her, claim her, and dominate her completely is only increased when her defiant attitude earns her a hard, bare-bottom spanking. But when the pack is attacked by a cunning, vicious enemy and Alisha’s life is put in grave peril, Phil must decide if he is ready to cast aside caution and take her as his mate. 

Publisher’s Note: Rules of the Pack is the sequel to Marked by the Alpha. It is an erotic romance novel that includes spankings, sexual scenes, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment