Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Melody Parks is in the Spotlight on Wicked Wanton Wednesday


I'm very excited to welcome Melody Parks, erotic author extraordinaire and world-class writing partner, spinning tales of love, romance, kinky sex, and often times darkly intense naughty dreams.  Did I get that right, Melody? 

She's brought along a steamy excerpt for us to enjoy.  And, although we've been friends for awhile, she has never been in the Authors Corner on my blog.  So I relished the opportunity to get her in my evil interviewing clutches with the release of her newest book, Pleasure Bay.  Bwah-ha-ha!  Before that, lets enjoy the sexy excerpt that Melody has brought with her today for

Pleasure Bay 



 
Dimitri De Luca is in the business of meeting needs—the kind of needs that people blush to discuss—and at Pleasure Bay, the BDSM-themed resort he owns on a private Caribbean island, business is good. With the help of his guest relations expert, Mariah Charmant, the pricey oasis promises an experience like no other. But Dimitri has something he needs as well… Mariah.
Mariah has been hurt before, and even as she makes one perfect match after another for others, she wonders if she can trust herself with her own heart. Despite the darkness of her past, she longs for Dimitri to claim her and dominate her completely, but can she bring herself to call him her master?


Publisher’s Note: Pleasure Bay is an erotic novel that includes spankings, anal play, sexual scenes, extensive BDSM content, and more. If such material offends you, please don’t buy this book.




EXCERPT


Jen’s insides were burning with desire as he spoke. His firm hands were making the skin on her arms tingle, and his low commanding voice, so close to her ear, sent shivers down her neck… to her back… and ultimately blossomed between her thighs. Tying her feet meant that he intended to carry her off, but to where? Would he take her back to her cabana and punish her for veering from the plan? Maybe he’d take her deeper into the thick of the trees where he would tie her up and use her to his utter satisfaction. It didn’t matter. As of right now, this hot, sexy man was in control and that is what she craved, what she needed, what had been missing in her life ever since…




“What’s it going to be, little girl?” he asked, slipping a hand from her arm to her breast, tracing the tip with a slow and determined finger.

Her nipple peaked under his slow ministrations, making the other ache for the same attention. “I’ll… I’ll be good.”

“I’ll be good, sir,” he prompted, moving his fingers to her other nipple, tracing it as he had the first and pinching it gently, inducing a moan.

“Yes, sir. I’ll be good, sir.” Wetness was gathering quickly between her thighs. It was good to hear those words pass her lips again.


“Good girl,” he whispered against the back of her neck. The heat of his breath and the tone of his voice when he called her a good girl, made her belly quiver. Cupping her breasts with both hands, he pressed his fingers into them as he had her arms.


“Very nice. Now, I want you to stay just like you are.” His lips were moving down the side of her neck, planting soft kisses and nibbles while his hands roamed slowly down the front of her body, until they came to rest in the crease of her thighs. “Do you understand?” His voice was like velvet against her skin.




Maddie’s Intimate
Authors Corner  

Finally, Melody Parks in the hot seat.  Well, Ms. Parks…  Are you ready to reveal you deepest, darkest, most intimated secrets???   Just kidding, you’ve already done that in your books.  Woo hoo!  And they are HOT.  But the interview has both serious and personal questions as well as fun and sexy questions, so lets begin shall we.  Oh, it I get to hot and bothered and forget to say it later, thanks for participating.

MT:  What inspired you to take the plunge and write/publish that first book?


MP: Writing it wasn’t taking the plunge. Sending it off to a publisher was the plunge. I swear I clicked the send button on the submission and then instantly slapped my hand for it… lol. I had that immediate ‘uh oh’ feeling in my stomach. ‘Great, Melody… now someone is going to read your story and know what a naughty little mind you have’
Really though, what made me do was the constant kick in pants that would ultimately follow me around until the day I die if I didn’t at least ‘know’.



MT:  I think first time authors all experience that pang when they send off that first manuscript.  It’s like, what have I done?  No one is going to read what I wrote…. Unsend, delete, unsubmit!  But its gone and in your case, happily so. 
Next question, how much of your books are, based on your own personal experiences?

MP: I get this little twinkle in my eye and smile every time someone asks me that.



MT:  Very secretive but revealing at the same time.  It lets us answer the question for you, which to me means a lot!  LOL   Who knew you were such a naughty girl.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp or is it simply an outlet for your deepest, darkest fantasies? 

MP: So far, from what I’ve been told. The message I’m sending is that I’m a kink hound. *giggles*

Really, though what I’d like to share with people is my imagination. I’d like to pull them out of reality for a few hours a day and make them smile, laugh, just be free to be… and maybe give them a few new ideas in the kink department.


MT:  I think I gave you that dubious title after reading your scene with clothes pins in Pleasure Bay.  Well deserved, congratulations on that. 
Reviews, getting them good or bad are a nature of the business.  What do you think about reviews? Do you take them personally, use them as an opportunity for growth or change, or do you just get royally pissed off??

MP:  Reviews are always good, even when they’re bad. And of course I take them personally. If someone leaves me their honest opinion and thought my book sucked. I wanna’ know! I want to know what they didn’t like, so I can change it next time. I strive to improve and can’t without feedback, good bad or otherwise. Now, those really great reviews… they put me on cloud nine.


MT:  What advice would you give to aspiring writers?

MP: Don’t give up and ask for help when you need it.


MT:  Okay, now for the fun stuff. 
Since becoming an author, I rarely have time to read (and that’s such a shame).  What are you reading right now?   

MP: Just getting ready to crack open my first Corbins Bend book. ‘Exile to Unity’ by Tara Finnegan 


MT:  Who is your favorite author/why?

MP: Stephen King. I love horror and a good thriller.


MT:  When my face is not stuck in front of my laptop writing, I love old movies; sitting down with a big tub of buttery popcorn and a huge icy coke is the best!  Do you do have movie night?  If so, what would you be watching?

MP: Sunday evenings my Bitter-half.. umm, sorry, my better half and I watch some of the HBO and Showtimes series. I’m sad to see True Blood end. I’m sure you are too Maddie. I know how you have the hots for Joe Manganiello. *Winks*
 

MT:  True, It has come to my attention recently that I've got a thing for Italian men.  So, sue me!  Joe spends most of the time shirtless or naked.  So, I cried when all that hotness got… oh, maybe I shouldn’t spoil it if someone hasn’t seen it yet.  But, there is a Magic Mike 2 in the works I hear, so there is hope. 
Next, do your friends/family know you write erotic fiction?

MP:  Most of them do, yes. I don’t care who knows I have a kinky mind. However, I’ve been in more than a few conversations the end with… “Well, you asked!”


MT: What is your favorite kink?

MP:  I think it changes every so often, but I’ll always be partial to bondage and some hot erotic anal.


MT:  Well…  I asked!  LOL  I told you this was the fun stuff.  So… I think we’ll end it on that note.  Hot Erotic Anal.  Phew! 

If you’d like an instant continuation of this snippet you can jaunt on over to Melody’s Blog for Wip It Up Wednesday!   For more of Melody Parks, check out her media pages below.




Thanks for joining me today, Melody.  And congrats on Pleasure Bay’s success.  It is well deserved, you worked hard and were an awesome writing partner. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment