Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Getting Medieval with Dinah McLeod on Wicked Wanton Wednesday


 Medieval romance… sigh… conjures up images of gothic castles, knights in shining armor, damsels in distress and now we can add hot bottomed spankings and Conquered Brides. 

Dinah McLeod is visiting today and has brought along an excerpt from Kidnapped and Claimed for our wicked wanton reading pleasure.

Enjoy...



Kidnapped and Claimed

When her husband’s repeated infidelities and drunken insults become too much to bear, Lady Cecily flees to her childhood home at Hohenzollern, but things quickly go from bad to worse and she is kidnapped from the castle stables only moments after her arrival. Cecily ignores her abductor’s warnings of ruin about to befall Hohenzollern and his claim that he took her from the castle only to keep her safe. She resists him every step of the way, until at last he spanks her long and hard. Despite his firm chastisement, it soon becomes clear to Cecily that her captor cares for her in a way her husband never did. But can she forgive him for stealing her from her home?


Excerpt:

At first, the stable seemed empty. I shouldn’t be surprised—it was time for the evening meal, after all—yet, I was annoyed. Now that I’d dismounted, I realized how hungry and tired I was. I wanted nothing more than to see my horse cared for so that I could seek solace with my mother, and perhaps partake in a bit of supper myself. A movement out of the corner of my eye had me turning my head and when I saw a figure crouching down low, watching me, my irritation grew.

“Are you the stable boy?” I demanded, my voice harsher than I normally would have used, but justified given the circumstances.

“Ah…”

“Whatever are you doing on the floor?” I snapped. “Get up, then. There’s work to be done.” I held out the reins, arching a brow when he stood, dusted off his trousers, yet made no move to take them. “Well? What are you waiting for?”

“Forgive me, Princess, I don’t mean to—”

“Oh, for Heaven’s sake,” I exclaimed, with an unladylike snort of laughter. “You must be new.”

“What gave me away, my lady?”

“I am not the princess. Any servant worth his salt would know that.” Not that he could be blamed entirely for the slipup. We both had the same thick, dark raven hair. Though mine spilled in curls down my back, with it held up in pins as it was at the moment, it would be hard to tell. We were of a similar height and build—both with small waists and narrow hips, though Susanna’s chest was more endowed than mine own. We also shared smooth skin as white as milk, and full, rosebud mouths. Still, for all those shared qualities, no one could deny that Susanna had the presence of a queen, the bearing of a ruler, which added to her beauty in a way that I would never know.

“Forgive me, my lady. And whom do I have the honor of addressing?”

I tilted my head to the side, examining him. My first thought was that he did not speak very much like a servant. Nonetheless, I opened my mouth to answer him when it occurred to me that perhaps it would be better if I did not. If he didn’t know who I was, then perhaps he would not remember seeing me at all when my lord husband began asking questions. Smiling to myself, pleased with my own cleverness, I dismissed his question with a wave of my hand. “Never you mind. Go about your business and leave me to mine.” I’d barely spoken when I felt him move behind me. A sudden chill ran down my spine and heeding my instincts, I spun around to find him right behind me.  

“I would very much like to,” he said in a quiet, steady way that would have been comforting but for his unnatural closeness. “But I’m afraid you’re my business now.”

“I beg your pardon?” I huffed the question, even as my heart began to pick up speed. “Do you forget yourself, sir? Do you forget that you address a lady, one far above your station?”

He did not smile, but a twitching around his lips told me that he would like to. “You high-breds are all the same, aren’t you? Always concerned with your own importance. There is more to the world than you know, Princess.”

“I already told you—”

“Hush.”

The word was spoken softly, but with enough authority to shock me. I took a step back, until I was leaning into my horse. “You do not command here! Why, you are nothing more than a…than a…” I trailed off helplessly, thrown by his calm, by his quiet authority in the face of my anger.       

“I do not know why you are here, but it is not the place for you. It would go better for you if you returned at once.”

I blinked my large, blue eyes in surprise. “Why? Is there danger afoot? Something I should tell Princess Susanna?”  Something in his expression changed when I said her name and I smiled, finally feeling as though I had the upper hand. “Yes, perhaps I shall go fetch her right now, I think she would like to know there are impertinent stable boys in her household.” I turned to go, but I had not gone two steps when I felt his hand close over my arm in a surprisingly strong grip.

“I cannot allow you to do that.”

I whirled on him, irritated with his matter-of-fact tone as well as the fact that he would dare lay hands on me. “Who do you think you are?” I demanded. “How dare you touch me!”

If anything, his grip on me tightened. “I’m afraid I can’t risk you’re leaving. You’re going to have to come with me. Just remember, I did try to warn you.”

“Warn me about what?” I practically spat the words at him, my fury incensed when he did not so much as blink. “Unhand me, you brute!”

“Come along quietly now, or I’m afraid I’ll have to gag you.”

The way he spoke without wavering, the dead-set of his eyes, told me that he would not hesitate to carry out his threat. Yet, I dug my heels in and yanked with all my might. When I did not find myself released, I took a deep breath, preparing to scream at the top of my lungs and alert anyone nearby to my plight. Before I could, however, I felt his hand come down sharply on my backside. It was only once, but it was swift and hard. I opened my mouth to shout my indignation, but his hand came clamping down over my lips, smothering my outraged cries.

“Do as I say, or it’ll be worse for you,” he promised.


Buy Links 




Commanding the Princess by Korey Mae Johnson


As the ruler of Hohenzollern Castle in name only, Susanna has watched helplessly for years as her power-hungry uncle made one enemy after another for her. One enemy stands out, and the moment she catches sight of him, Princess Susanna is certain that it will be Gerhard of Bavaria who brings her world down around her. As his army smashes through her gates, Susanna makes the only choice she has left. She surrenders herself to Gerhard, hoping to win mercy for her people, though she fears it will come at the cost of her life. But she soon learns that Gerhard has other plans for her, plans which may end with her surrendering much more than just her castle to him.



The Knight’s Seduction, by Renee Rose


Avowed to never again yield to a man’s ill-treatment, Lady Daisy stands ready to fight to the death when her castle is sacked. The imposing knight Sir Barrett has other ideas, however, and to her dismay, Daisy soon finds herself not only disarmed, but soundly spanked as well. Sir Barrett takes her as his captive bride, but when she shows real terror at the prospect of consummating their marriage, he offers her a bargain. She will offer her body to him and accept the pleasurable torments he inflicts, but he will not claim her fully until she aches for it so badly she begs him. Certain she will do no such thing, Daisy agrees, but can she resist the knight's seduction?



The Widow Is Mine, by Ashe Barker


Since her husband’s untimely passing, Lady Natalia has resigned herself to a quiet life as a young widow and perhaps one day as a nun. But when her adopted home is conquered by the enemy, her world is turned upside down. After he rescues her from the chaos of Hohenzollern’s fall, Duke Stefan of Richtenholst cannot imagine allowing Natalia to languish behind the walls of a convent. The duke takes Natalia home as his wife, and he quickly proves himself ready to compel her obedience when it is necessary, but can he ever truly make her his own?



Conquering Lady Claire, by Sue Lyndon


As Hohenzollern Castle falls, mayhem unfolds around Lady Claire, and her only aim is to lead as many women and children of the castle to safety as possible. In an odd turn of fortune, her courageous efforts ultimately lead to her capture by none other than Lord Galien of Minrova, the very man that her brother, a powerful duke, recently commanded to find her and claim her as his wife. Claire’s defiance is quickly overcome by means of a firm hand applied to her bare bottom, but Galien is not content merely going through the motions of a political marriage. His skilled lovemaking soon leaves his new bride begging for more, but can he conquer her heart as well?


Join me next week when my guest author will be Morganna Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment